(Disclaimer: The following article, like previous Delta Zeta posts, was written from a fraternity man’s point of view. In addition, it’s a heartfelt shoutout to Delta Zeta’s undergraduate & alumnae members.)
Here are twenty reasons why women should go Delta Zeta during Formal Recruitment:
1. Delta Zeta is a second home away from home.
2. Delta Zeta is a Sorority where women can truly be themselves.
3. Delta Zeta is a Sorority where women can make their mark for their chapters, campuses, comumunities & beyond.
4. Delta Zeta is about finding new friends & discovering sisterhood that lasts a lifetime.
5. Delta Zeta proves that sisterhood & friendship aren’t just for college days alone.
6. Women in Delta Zeta are all of the above: classy, sweet, fun, intelligent, empowered, amazing, kind, courteous, caring & compassionate!!
7. Delta Zeta is about being a part of something truly special: over 110 years of enriching & more-than-amazing sisterhood!!
8. Delta Zeta inspires & encourages women to become stronger leaders.
9. Delta Zeta inspires & encourages women to become stronger contributors.
10. Delta Zeta inspires & encourages women to become stronger difference-makers.
11. Delta Zeta inspires & encourages its members to become stronger women who believe in enriching their chapters, colleges/universities, communities & the world through their efforts in academics, volunteering, philanthropy, service, recruitment, leadership development, their involvement in other campus organizations & their involvement in the local community.
12. Women in Delta Zeta set their standards & expectations high by how they lead the way on campus & in the real world. Even now, Delta Zetas sparkle like the diamond & shine like the lamp through the more-than-amazing things that they do for their chapters, colleges/universities & communities!!
13. Delta Zetas truly shine, sparkle & dazzle brightly like diamonds for their chapters, their colleges’/universities’ Greek communities, their colleges/universities, their communities & the world.
14. Delta Zetas truly shine, sparkle & dazzle brightly like diamonds when it comes to philanthropy & service. Through their support of the Sorority’s various speech and hearing initiatives (e.g. Gallaudet University, the Starkey Hearing Foundation, local speech and hearing endeavors) & The Painted Turtle Camp, Delta Zeta’s undergraduate & alumnae members show both Greeks & non-Greeks that philanthropy can be a rewarding, enriching, exciting & life-changing experience in more ways than one. (At the same time, Delta Zetas also enrich the lives of people with speech and hearing disabilities/impairments & children with serious illnesses.)
15. Delta Zeta is the journey of a lifetime.
16. Delta Zeta is an amazing & unique experience unlike any other.
17. Delta Zeta is & will always be one of the best things that could happen to any woman who chooses to go Greek.
18. Delta Zeta is life. Delta Zeta is love…Better yet, Delta Zeta is both of these things & so much more!!
19. Delta Zeta is about women who are wholeheartedly committed to living their values & reflecting those values in a genuine, positive way. Whether it’s through their efforts in the classroom, through their efforts as chapter officers, through their efforts in recruitment, through their efforts in volunteering or through their involvement in various campus organizations, Delta Zetas don’t just live the words of the Sorority’s Creed. They also find heartfelt & enriching ways to make Delta Zeta stand out on campus & in the local community.
20. Last but not least, Delta Zeta is an enriching Sorority which also enriches the lives of its undergraduate & alumnae members!!